Pet Care Supervisor/Coordinator
We are looking for a Pet Care Coordinator for our Glen Allen and Midlothian locations. The Pet Care Coordinator will work closely with the Pet Care Manager and Holiday Barn Management Pack to achieve the objectives and goals of the individual facility and the betterment of our company. The Pet Care Coordinator is to be a leader with enthusiasm and encouragement that helps our staff and customers achieve the levels of satisfaction they need.
A Pet Care Coordinator for Holiday Barn Pet Resorts is responsible for:
- Accountability for the welfare of our furry guests.
- Help hire, train and supervise staff to maximize our level of service to guests ensuring all Holiday Barn pet care SOP’s are properly executed.
- This is a hands-on position and you will be required to perform the same tasks as staff as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate to facility manager potential pet care issues and opportunities.
- Assist Pet Care Manager and/or Facility Manager with developing and/or implementing ideas to improve resort operations.
- Coordinate staff needs among other teams as business trends require, such as grooming or camp.
- Provide support to other teams, such as grooming, customer care and activities or camp, as needed in absence of their supervisor.
- Provide clear and constructive feedback to staff regarding work performance and deliver realistic expectations and appraisal of work performance.
- Act as a “Pack” leader and communicate effectively with the staff.
- Handle customer issues and opportunities in professional manner.
- Ability to open and close facility.
- Have an understanding of all facility operations to keep facility running efficiently and safely for our guests and employees.
SOME OF OUR JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Two years supervisory experience, including experience supervising a large staff.
- Two years work experience as a vet assistant in the animal care field.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding position.
- Availability to work all major holidays and work a rotating schedule that includes weekends.
Holiday Barn will provide: competitive compensation, access to company sponsored health benefits, personal leave time, and the ability to grow within a company that insists on high values for our customers and employees.
This workplace is typified as moderately physically demanding – lots of walking, dogs barking, lifting of pets up to 50lbs, handling active pets, working with cleaning chemicals, pet related allergens. Holiday Barn Pet Resorts is a drug free workplace.
To apply, fill out the online application. Please, no telephone calls or visits to our lobby for applications.