In the twenty-first century, fine resorts are expected to have amazing spas. In that regard, Holiday Barn is certainly no different than the Ritz! Discover how we can pamper and beautify your dog! Please be sure and stop by Holiday Barn for a tour at our Glen Allen and Midlothian locations to get more details about our dog grooming services.
FurrmazingSM Style ‘n Cut
A stylish haircut is the cornerstone of beauty. Our talented groomers will be happy to meet with you and your pet to discuss a style that will be most becoming and talk with you about how to maintain the look. And remember, you don’t have to be vacationing at Holiday Barn to take advantage of our groom shop.
Metaphorically, our baths are a chrysalis and you will fall in love again with the beautiful and radiant creature that emerges! We massage your dog or cat with warm water, soothing all-natural shampoo and compawssionSM. Then we rinse and do it all again to ensure that your dog is squeaky clean. The bath also includes drying, brushing, nail trim, ear cleaning, hugs, kisses, expert grooming advice, bandana and cologne.
Add a spa package to the purchase of your bath or trim and your dog will look and feel like a celebrity show dog! Our spa packages feature show dog quality products that will help your dog look and feel like a star!
Itchy Scratchy Relief – for dogs with an itch
- Soothing shampoo with oatmeal and jojobo
- Deep-penetrating moisturizing conditioner
Fresh as a Daisy – for fragrant & dirty dogs
- Cleansing & clarifying shampoo with a strawberry/jasmine scent
- Conditioner with a natural odor-neutralizing complex
- Treat your dog to a play package. Choose: MVP Play or Hug Time
Sweetie Pie – for dogs that love to be pampered
- Show dog quality shampoo custom made for either drop coat or stand up coat dogs
- Show dog quality conditioner custom made for either drop coat or stand up coat dogs
- Evening primrose paw treatment that helps moisturize pads
- Sweet bakery take home cookie
True Colors – for black, white or copper coated dogs
- Shampoo with evening primrose that is specially formulated to enhance your dog’s natural coat color
- Show dog quality conditioner formulated to help coats be softer & smoother
Silky – for dogs with a silky coat
- Show dog quality shampoo perfect for dogs with a silky coat
- Conditioner formulated to moisturize and add shine for a softer, smoother and more manageable coat
Wiry – for dogs with a wiry coat
- Show dog quality shampoo perfect for dogs with a wiry coat
- Conditioner formulated to add volume. Scent is a blend of marine violet, rose and soft musk
Shed Reduction Maintenance Program
If shedding is troubling you, we can help eliminate some of the fur and dander in your home with this unique program. The program is so successful it can even provide a bit of relief to people with mild pet allergies.
How Anti-shedding Treatments Work
Holiday Barn’s highly trained Anti-Shedding technicians follow a six-step treatment plan using specialized Anti-Shedding tools. The treatment includes a thorough brushing with the specialized brushes and combs for each pet’s particular coat type. A HydroSurge® Therapeutic Bath with a humectant shampoo moisturizes and nourishes the skin and coat. An anti-shedding solution is applied. Finishing touches include nail trimming, ear cleaning, and a dash of cologne.
The Anti-Shedding Maintenance Plan
While almost everyone notices that there is less “hair, hair everywhere” following the initial Anti-Shedding Treatment, a follow-up maintenance program helps ensure a hair free home. A complimentary Mini Anti-Shedding Treatment should be scheduled within ten days of the initial appointment. According to the special needs of each pet, an Anti-Shedding Maintenance Plan is set up to ensure that you continue to enjoy the benefits of this innovative treatment.
A La Carte Services
Make sure all immunizations are current and have your vet fax shot records to (804) 672-7147 for Glen Allen or (804) 794-1664 for Southside. Alternatively, you can email scanned shot records to our Glen Allen Reservation Specialist or our Southside Reservation specialist. Documentation is preferred 48 hours prior to check-in. We cannot keep your pet if we do not have proof of immunizations from your veterinarian. For dogs we require:
- Respiratory Bordetella
- Hepatitis or Adenovirus
- effective July 1, 2016 both h3n2 and h3n8 flu virus vaccinations
* We respect the unique medical needs of each pet and will accept modifications to vaccination requirements if documented and signed by your veterinarian as long as they are aware of your pet’s lifestyle.
THERE IS A FIVE DAY WAITING PERIOD IF ANY OF YOUR PETS HAVE VISITED A VETERINARIAN FOR ANY REASON. PETS MUST RECEIVE VACCINATIONS AT LEAST 5 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL FOR MAXIMUM EFFECTIVENESS.